Stewart Schaffer is a founder and managing partner of CSuite Solutions. He has been a senior strategy and business development executive in the healthcare, retail and hospitality industries for over 25 years. He leads our direct-to- consumer and retail strategy advisory services whose principal goal is to drive patient and member growth as well as retention. Stewart uses a wide range of internal and external data along with a platform of analytical services to create a customized program for each of our clients. Using technology that was developed for both the retail and hospitality industries our clients are able to uncover and confirm the individual medical needs and wants of every individual in the populations being served. Stewart brings a broad based perspective by working with some of the largest healthcare systems and consumer brands in the US. Prior to CSuite Solutions, Stewart served as Chief Marketing and Strategy Officer at BayCare Health System where, during his tenure, he led an organization wide direct- to-consumer marketing and business development strategy. Stewart’s work led to a 20% increase in net revenue of $500 million leading to increasing the system’s net margin from 5% to 7%. He has previously held senior marketing and business development positions at International Paper Company, American Express and Club Corporation of America.
MBA/BS (Wharton Graduate and Undergraduate) Business Growth Professional with a 30-year track record for creating shareholder value in diverse industries. Achieves significant revenue and profit growth through the creation and implementation of strategic plans, marketing campaigns, branding initiatives, new business development and ROI tracking strategies. Team builder and leader able to design and implement profit-generating business models on a consistent basis. Driven to produce significant increases in profits despite formidable challenges. A convincing and credible communicator with senior management, boards of directors, shareholders, investment committees, lending sources and company employees. Areas of experience and expertise include:
|· Strategic Marketing & Planning||· Sales Management||· Corporate Finance|
|· Retail Marketing||· Brand Management||· Mergers and Acquisitions|
|· Hospitality Marketing||· New Business Development||· Website Design & Development|
|· Relationship Marketing||· New Product Development||· Marketing & Data Intelligence|
- Fully integrated the branding, marketing, communications and physician business development functions across 3 CHAs, an ambulatory division and a physician division of a major health care system. My departments’ efforts have helped increase net revenues by $500 million (25%) and operating margin from 5% to 7% between 2009 and 2015.
- Implemented marketing and sales promotion programs that increased total revenue from $550 million to $1 billion during two industry downturns. Market share for the company’s principal product line increased from 5.0% to 6.0% nationally and from 31% to 40% in Florida.
- Developed and implemented a new national brand in 1996 that generated $25,000,000 in revenue and $12,000,000 in operating profit annually.
- Increased the number of operating properties from 32 in 1987 to 70 in 1994. Total revenue increased 114% (from $50 million to $107 million and operating profits increased 100% (from $13 million to $26 million).
- Introduced a professional sales management and member prospecting system to more than 90 sales professionals resulting in a 63% increase in members (from 36,192 to 58,867).
- Conceived and implemented a start-up leasing company that achieved $3 million in total lease revenue by the third year of operations. Equity in the lease portfolio was sold for $500,000 in 1987.
- Successfully completed the launch of a new national brand – the first Platinum charge card in the U.S. Exceeded first year’s sales goal of 80,000 units by over 125% with Platinum Card sales of 180,000, or $45 million million.
- Participated in the acquisition of over $2 billion of corporate assets including such companies as Evans Products, APL Corporation, Mueller Brass, National Can, RC Cola, Arby’s and Graniteville.
- Promoted to youngest product manager of a Fortune 50 company. Increased sales from $15 million to $25 million in less than two years with a 400% increase in profits from $500,000 to $2 million.
- Conceived and implemented the first computerized month-end close for the company’s largest division with annual revenues of $1.2 billion.
1.) BayCare Health System Clearwater, FL (2009 to Present)
Chief Marketing and Strategy Officer
- Responsible for branding, strategic marketing, communications, physician business development., corporate wellness and community health functions across the enterprise
- Reported directly to the CEO and as of 2013 the COO
2.) LazyDays RV Supercenter Tampa, FL (2000 to 2009)
Chief Marketing Officer
- Responsible for a national branding and relationship marketing strategy that has grown the company from $550 million to $1 billion in 4 years.
- Report directly to the CEO of this company which is the largest single-site RV retailer in the world.
3.) ClubCorp (1987 to 2000)
Corporate Vice President – Marketing (Dallas, TX and Clearwater, FL – 1994 to 2000)
- Responsible for the development of new brands, markets, services and membership programs for ClubCorp, the largest owner and operator of private clubs and club resorts in North America.
- Some of ClubCorp’s widely known properties included Pinehurst (NC), The Homestead (VA), Firestone (OH) and Mission Hills (CA).
- Grew this company to over 250 properties, 250,000 member households (i.e., 500,000 customers) and annual revenues in excess of $1 billion.
Director of Sales and Membership Marketing (Clearwater, FL – 1987 to 1994)
- Entrusted with overall membership sales, marketing and new club development throughout the eastern U.S.
- Managed a marketing and sales organization that included 90 commissioned sales personnel, 6 sales trainers, 4 marketing and sales managers, 3 program coordinators and one marketing analyst.
- Generated sales and financial plans; hired and trained sales personnel; designed and printed member communications; retained and monitored PR agencies.
4.)American Express Company New York, NY and Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Director of New Product Development
5.)International Paper Company New York, NY
Product Manager – White Papers Group
WHARTON GRADUATE SCHOOL – University of Pennsylvania
Master of Business Administration
Major – Corporate Management
WHARTON SCHOOL – University of Pennsylvania
Bachelor of Science in Economics
Major – Corporate Finance
LOOMIS CHAFFEE SCHOOL – Windsor, Connecticut
College Preparatory Diploma
- Featured speaker at the Healthcare Strategy Forum, SHSMD and NFP Workshop
- Committee Member of RVIA’s “Go RVing” Coalition and Board Member of SMEI Tampa Bay
- Featured speaker at SMEI, MRAA, TEC, Urban Land Institute Golf Conference, NGCOA and Crittenden Golf Expo.
- Advisory Council member of Hospice of the Florida Suncoast, the largest Hospice chapter in the U.S.
- State of Florida Certified General Contractors License – 1983.
For more information about Stewart please go to: Stewart Schaffer LinkedIn Profile.